- Hand-Rinse & Dry Pail End of Each day: Shake/scrape/rinse solid waste off inserts in to toilet. Use soft silicone scrub brush to remove waste off inserts, shells and elastics. Use soap bar such as 'Tuff Stuff' to gently agitate any stains. (Remove net from bar for gentler agitation). Squeeze water out, place in the dry-pail, until machine wash day.
- Rinse Cycle Every 1-2 Days: 30-45 Min. Max 40-60 degrees. Designed to remove excess soiling. (1/2 dose recommended detergent for your machine). Select cycle which removes soiled water. Dry-Pail if not following wash with the Main cycle immediately.
- Main Cycle Every 2-3 days: 2-3 Hour (Cottons/Heavy Duty). Max 40-60 degrees. Use recommended dosage of detergent for your load size. Double dosage for recommended eco-detergents.
Drying: Line dry in direct sunlight. Tumble-dry or portable clothes airer suitable. (Excluding Nappy Shells, Shade dry only. Do not tumble-dry shells or place in direct sunlight as this can cause damage long term and void warranty.) *Before drying, stretch all wet inserts to maximum shape.
Recommended Natural Detergents:
(Double dose) Kin Kin Naturals, Ecostore Laundry Powder
Omo Ultimate Powder, Biozet Attack, Radiant Laundry Liquid
- Our natural fiber inserts require washing before use, to increase absorbency and release any natural oils.
- Option 1: Soak items overnight in water, followed by Main Wash. 2-3 hour cycle (Cottons/Heavy Duty) Max 40 degrees. RPM 800.
- Option 2: 3-5x Main Wash cycles. 2-3 hour cycle (Cottons/Heavy Duty) Max 40 degrees. RPM 800. Detergent needed for first cycle only. Don’t dry in between washes.
- Stretch: Once washed and before drying, stretch all inserts to maximum shape by pulling out gusset flaps and ends.
- Slight shrinkage with the natural fibre inserts will occur. Stretching when wet, and before drying, is vital.
- *Dry-Pail: Open lid storage bucket/basket featuring holes all around sides for maximum air flow. Kept dry, no soaking necessary unlike traditional cloth nappies.
- For ideal agitation, ensure machine is loosely loaded fully when dry (Or equates to being 2/3 full once wet.) Smaller household laundry items (excluding towels) are fine to help bulk the load. *Choose light coloured laundry items.
- Avoid highly perfumed or acidic detergents containing citrus or phosphates.
- Avoid detergents containing fabric softeners, optical brighteners or chlorine bleach. Usage will void your warranty.
- Avoid nappy balms containing zinc or petroleum unless using a reusable/disposable liner.
- Long term use of higher temperatures on PUL can decrease lifespan and will void your warranty.